MEET THE TEAM
Queen of the admin, it's Karin you'll meet in your first email, phone call or visit to the venue. Also the social media person. Always on hand with a friendly smile and an abundance of enthusiasm for your wedding, she'll help you on your wedding planning journey, and will make your sure all your contact with us is easy, stress free and fun.
- She started Stratton Court Barn with the owners in 2014 and has since planned and managed 348 weddings here. (Career total is currently 700+)
- A country girl at heart, when not working, she's normally surrounded by dogs, horses or children, and always wears wellies.
- "I'm completely addicted to weddings. Nothing compares to seeing a couple have the time of their life on their wedding day - and the satisfaction of knowing my team and I made that happen."
Event Manager, Stage Manager, Wedding Planner and Prop Supervisor - we have "stolen" Katie from her successful career on the West End and putting all her wedding planning experience to good use here at the barn! Katie will be planning and overseeing a big portion of our couples wedding days in 2022 and beyond.
- She has spent the last decade working in theatre, events, party planning and live entertainment, putting her Masters in Event Management to excellent use. You can read more about her here!
- On her rare days off, she can be found hunting antique stores - her absolute Achilles heel!
- "Weddings fill me with joy. Being an event planner, it's a huge privilege to be part of somebody's day that reflects love and companionship. And let's not forget, 'a little party never hurt nobody'!"
Always there to put her couples at ease and make their day super special, Jeannie is an experienced Event Manager, making sure each wedding is flawless and runs like clockwork on the day.
- From managing her own catering company - even cooking for royalty - to looking after all weddings & events at a privately owned, luxury country house, Jeannie's tact, diplomacy and care is second to none.
- She loves a challenge in her spare time, and has climbed the 3 peaks, loves the water and is an experienced captain, but on quieter days can be seen out and about with her spaniel Ted.
- "I love absolutely everything about weddings. It's such a happy occasion! For me, it's all about the planning and the small details. I care deeply about making each couples' day as special as it can possibly be."
Jonathan, Charlotte, Cathy and Chris Wigmore
While it's mostly Jonathan you will see around, the wonderful owners of Stratton Court Barn is this whole family. Pool Farm has been their home for decades, and they're so proud to share it with you.
About The Wigmores:
- Motorised activities have been their speciality for over 30 years.
- Since Stratton Court Barn was launched in 2014, the venue has undergone extensive renovations each year, to create a barn venue where couples can feel truly at home.
- And for everyone who asks what time of year is best to get married: "My gardens are always at their best end of May".
MORE ABOUT US
So how did it start?
This is our timeline! Are you ready to find out more about us?
In 1872 - the barn was built, housing equipment and sheep at Pool Farm
Then 1996 - Chris and Cathy buys Pool Farm, and the barn is still used as tractor storage and equipment.
Cue 2000 - The Main Barn is converted to be used as a corporate meeting space, loos are built, and what is now the bar area was turned into a club house
It begins! 2014 - 'Stratton Court Barn' is launched. The club house is turned into the Bar Area, with a new roof, new bar, new floor, reinforced beams, painted ceiling and a new grey, glass and stone contemporary look.
Then in 2015 - the Main Entrance was renovated, with a huge mural painted over, and Cathy's amazing antique finds added.
And in 2016 - the stables were shifted around, allowing room for motorised event briefings, and the old briefing room was turned into a permanent kitchen.
Following on in 2017 - The bar was extended with a back-of-house area (my favourite bit!) the wedding preparation room was built, along with the stables being fully converted to a lounge space, complete with glass wall. The Stables room was officially born!
And the most transformative year, 2018 - The courtyard was given a magic make-over with brick pavers, a patio area, an L-shaped oak gazebo and huge parasols.
This was followed up in 2019 - Cathy decided a formal garden was needed, so turned the old car park into a rose garden. The new car park was given underfloor matting.
Lockdown projects and the future
2020 - The Main Barn and Main Entrance floors were changed to sandstone, while the old loos and boiler room were ripped out and reconfigured to allow for more space and contemporary, fresh loos, including a cloak room.
2020 - The Lake was also built.
2021 - The woodlands were added, with a dedicated ceremony space, including a beautiful hexagonal oak gazebo and tree-lined aisle, being created.
2022 - Granary Cottage, a two-bedroom cottage adjacent to the farmhouse, is being converted for couples to be able to stay overnight.
As you can tell, Stratton Court Barn is always evolving. We're creating the best possible venue for you, our couples, so that you can have your most perfect wedding day here. We are passionate about investing in the venue and the future.